CBSE Class 8th Maths Syllabus, Topic wise
Table of Contents
- 1 CBSE Class 8th Maths Syllabus, Topic wise
- 188.8.131.52 Books for class 8 Math:
- 184.108.40.206 UNIT 1: Rational Numbers:
- 220.127.116.11 UNIT 2: Linear Equation in One Variable:
- 18.104.22.168 UNIT 3: Understanding Quadrilaterals:
- 22.214.171.124 UNIT 4: Practical Geometry-
- 126.96.36.199 UNIT 5: Data Handling-
- 188.8.131.52 UNIT 6: Squares and Square Roots-
- 184.108.40.206 UNIT 7: Cubes and Cube Roots-
- 220.127.116.11 UNIT 8: Comparing Quantities-
- 18.104.22.168 UNIT 9: Algebraic Expressions and Identities-
- 22.214.171.124 UNIT 10: Visualizing Solid Shapes-
- 126.96.36.199 UNIT 11: Mensuration-
- 188.8.131.52 UNIT 12: Exponents and Powers-
- 184.108.40.206 UNIT 13: Direct and Inverse Proportions-
- 220.127.116.11 UNIT 14: Factorization-
- 18.104.22.168 UNIT 15: Introduction to Graphs-
- 22.214.171.124 UNIT 16: Playing with Numbers-
Books for class 8 Math:
- Mathematics Publication: – NCERT.
- R.S.Agarwal Bharti Bhawan (Reference Book).
UNIT 1: Rational Numbers:
- Properties of rational numbers.
- Representation of rational numbers on line number.
- Rational number between two rational numbers.
UNIT 2: Linear Equation in One Variable:
- Solving linear equations having variable on one side.
- Application of linear equations.
- Solving linear equations having variable on both sides.
- Some more application of linear equations.
- Reducing equations to simpler form.
UNIT 3: Understanding Quadrilaterals:
- Sum of the measures of exterior angles of polygons.
- Kinds of quadrilateral.
- Properties of parallelogram.
- Some special parallelograms.
UNIT 4: Practical Geometry-
- Constructing a quadrilateral: when the length of four side and diagonal are given.
- When two diagonals and three sides are given.
- When two adjacent sides and three angles are known.
- When three side and two included angles are given.
- Some special cases : Square.
- Some special cases : Rhombus.
UNIT 5: Data Handling-
- Looking for information.
- Organizing data, Grouping data.
- Circle graph or pie charts.
- Chance and probability.
UNIT 6: Squares and Square Roots-
- Square of a number.
- Finding Square root of a number by repeated subtraction.
- Finding Square root of a number by prime factorization method.
- Finding Square root of a number by long division method.
- Square root of decimals.
- Estimation of square root.
UNIT 7: Cubes and Cube Roots-
- Cube roots.
- Cube root of a cube number
UNIT 8: Comparing Quantities-
- Recalling ratio and percentage, finding the increase or decrease percentage, finding discount, Prices related to buying and selling, Sales tax/ value added tax.
- Compound Interest, Deducing formula for compound interest, Rate compounded half yearly.
- Application of compound interest.
UNIT 9: Algebraic Expressions and Identities-
- What are expressions?
- Addition and subtraction of algebraic expressions.
- Multiplication of algebraic expressions: multiplication of monomial with monomial and monomial with a polynomials.
- Multiplication of polynomial with a polynomial.
- What is Identity? standard identities.
UNIT 10: Visualizing Solid Shapes-
- Views of 3D shapes.
- Mapping shapes around us.
- Faces, Edges and vertices.
UNIT 11: Mensuration-
- Area of trapezium.
- Area of general quadrilateral.
- Area of polygon.
- Surface area of cube, cuboid and cylinder.
- Volume of cube, cuboid and cylinder.
- Volume and capacity.
Also Read – CBSE Class 10th Maths Syllabus, Topic wise
UNIT 12: Exponents and Powers-
- Numbers with negative and positive exponents.
- Law of exponents, use of exponents to express very small and very big numbers.
UNIT 13: Direct and Inverse Proportions-
- Direct proportion.
- Inverse Proportion
UNIT 14: Factorization-
- What is Factorization? method of common factors
Factorization by regrouping terms.
- Factorisation using identities.
- Division of algebraic expression.
UNIT 15: Introduction to Graphs-
- Bar graphs, pie graph and line graph.
- Linear graph.
- Applications of linear graphs.
UNIT 16: Playing with Numbers-
- Numbers in general form, reversing the digits of number.
- Letters for digits.
- Test for divisibility by 2,3.
- Test for divisibility by 5, 9, 10.