About Sainik School, Kodagu, fee , Detail Information
Table of Contents
- 1 About Sainik School, Kodagu, fee , Detail Information
Sainik School Kodagu is one of the 25 Sainik Schools in India. It is a fully residential school for boys. The medium of instruction is English. Established by Government of India on 18 October 2007 at Kudige which is approximately 6 km from Kushalnagar. It is affiliated to Central Board of Secondary Education and is a member of Indian Public Schools Conference (IPSC).
The school prepares boys for entry into the National Defence Academy, Khadakwasla, Pune and for other walks of life. The school currently has around 550 students on its roll.
- It is a member of the Indian Public Schools’ Conference.
- Students are prepared for All India Senior Secondary Certificate Examination (Class XII) as well as for the UPSC Examination for admission to the National Defence Academy, Khadakwasla.
- The school has excellent facilities including well-designed classrooms with the latest teaching aids.
- The school library is well-equipped with over 15,000 books, encyclopedia, periodicals, magazines, daily newspapers, etc. It also has a reading room.
- Additionally, the library has computers for the students to use for multimedia lessons.
- It also provides quality facilities for extracurricular activities such as debate competitions, school band, photography, music and drama classes, gardening, and more.
|Sainik School Kodagu|
|Grades||6th to 12th|
|Campus size||60-acre (0.24 km2)|
Admission procedure of Sainik School is little different than other Schools. Candidates with 10 and 11 years are eligible to appear for the entrance exam to VI standard and those aged between 13 and 14 years are eligible for IX standard.
The students must have completed their previous years’ education from recognized school to get admission to Sainik School. For SC candidates 15% and for ST candidates 7.5% of total seats are reserved. 25% of seats are reserved for the children of service personnel and ex-servicemen.
Syllabus for Sainik School Exam-
Exam for admission is conducted for admission in VIth and IXth. The medium of an exam is English for class IXth and Hindi for Class VIth.
Subjects for Class IX-
- Mathematics and Science (200+75 marks)
- English and Social Studies (100+75marks)
Subjects for Class VI-
- Mathematics and Language Ability Test (200 marks)
- Intelligence Test (100 marks).
Sainik School Admission Eligibility for Class VI and IX-
Class-VI: Boys born between 02nd July 2007 and 01st July 2008 (both days inclusive).
Class-IX: Boys born between 02nd July 2004 and 01st July 2005 (both days inclusive) and studying Class VIII in a recognized school.
Sainik School Application Fee-
Online: Rs.400/– for General/Defence and Rs.250/- for SC/ST
Offline: Rs.450/- for General/Defence and Rs.300/– for SC/ST through Demand Draft (DD) in favor of “The Principal, Sainik School Kodagu” payable at Kushalnagar (Karnataka).
Sainik School Kodagu Annual Fees Details:
Annual Fees is Rs.107000/- including Tuition Fee and Messing Charges. Generally, Hike of 5% to 10% is likely in subsequent years.
- Defence – 25%
- SC – 15%
- ST – 7.5%
PO Kodagu (Karnataka)