List of medical colleges in Rajasthan
Table of Contents
- 1 List of medical colleges in Rajasthan
- 188.8.131.52.1 1. SMS MEDICAL COLLEGE-
- 184.108.40.206.2 2. Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College-
- 220.127.116.11.3 3. DR SN MEDICAL COLLEGE & HOSPITAL, JODHPUR-
- 18.104.22.168.4 4. Geetanjali Medical College and Hospital, Udaipur-
- 22.214.171.124.5 5. Rabindra Nath Tagore Medical College, Udaipur-
- 126.96.36.199.6 RANKING
- 188.8.131.52.7 All India Rank
- 184.108.40.206.8 Overall Score
List of medical colleges in Rajasthan: Medical science is the study of medicine, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease. Rajasthan is the largest state in India in terms of area. Most of its area is being covered by desert. It is culturally rich and has artistic and cultural traditions which reflect the ancient Indian way of life. Not long ago the condition of medical education in this state was poor. During a short span of time, the state has accommodated many medical colleges offering numerous medical courses. Some of these colleges take admission through national or state-level entrance exams while rest affiliated to some private universities conduct the exam of their own. In this post, we are giving the list of top medical colleges in Rajasthan with their details.
1. SMS MEDICAL COLLEGE-
Sawai ManSingh Medical College was established in the year 1947, Jaipur, Rajasthan. This is the oldest college in Rajasthan and it is the one of the premier medical college of India. The college has a total of 32 departments and eight hospitals attached to it. The college has separate hostel facilities for the male & female students & residents.
- The college has been recognized by Medical Council of India
- It is affiliated to Rajasthan University of Health & Science, Jaipur
- Department of Anatomy
- Department of Physiology
- Department of Biochemistry
- Department of Pathology
- Department of Microbiology
- Department of Radio diagnosis
- Department of Radiotherapy
- Department of Nephrology
- Department of Urology
- Department of Orthopedics
- Department of Pharmacology
- Department of Cardiology.
Jaipur – 302004
Rajasthan , India.
0141-2560291 , 2518222 , PG ADMISSION INQUIRY – 2518526 , UG ADMISSION INQUIRY – 2518299.
2. Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College-
It was founded in 1965. The college is affiliated to Rajasthan University of Health Sciences and approved Medical Council of India. The college offers UG, PG, Para Medical and Training Programmes
- The college is associated with Jawaharlal Nehru Hospital, Kamla Nehru Memorial TB Hospital, Zanana Hospital
- The college was started in the old building of T.B. & Chest diseases hospital with an admission facility of 50 students per year
- In 1995, the Health Minister, Sh. Rajendra Singh Rathod did the formal inauguration of the Department Of Cardiology, newly constructed Blood Bank Unit, Mammography Unit and Cobalt Therapy Unit and handed over these services to the general public of Ajmer
- The building of this Medical College has four stories. Dept. of Anatomy, examination hall, auditorium, college canteen, seminar hall, girls common room, Dept. of Telemedicine and the office of the principal & controller, all are situated on the ground floor
- The college enrolled 159 students in MBBS and 51 students in PG.
Ajmer – 305001
Rajasthan , India.
0141-2227683 , 2227292
3. DR SN MEDICAL COLLEGE & HOSPITAL, JODHPUR-
Dr. Sampurnanand Medical College was established in the year 1965 by the Medical & Health Department, Govt. of Rajasthan. The college is affiliated to the Rajasthan University of Health Sciences. The college offers Bachelor and Master Degree Courses in Medical Science
- The college started with UG courses with 75 students
- In 1975, PG courses was introduced
- Every year the college enrolled 250 in MBBS and 111 students in PG
- The college is associated with the Mahatma Gandhi Hospital, the Umaid Hospital, the Mathuradas Mathur Hospital, the Kamala Nehru TB & Chest Hospital, and the Psychiatric Hospital
- The college conducts CBSE & RPMT for MBBS and Rajasthan PrePG and All India Pre PG Exam for Postgraduate courses.
Also Read – Best Medical Colleges in Madhya Pradesh
4. Geetanjali Medical College and Hospital, Udaipur-
Number of Courses Available: 12
5. Rabindra Nath Tagore Medical College, Udaipur-
- Udaipur, Rajasthan
- Estd : 1962
- Ownership : Government
- Approved By : Government Rajasthan
- Affiliated To : Rajasthan University of Health Sciences, Jaipur.
All India Rank
63For Year : 2017
89.31Out of 500.
Near Collectorate Hospital Rd Court Chouraha Udaipur Rajasthan 313001.