NTSE Chhattisgarh, Exam and Selection procedure
The National Talent Search Examination (NTSE), a national scholarship examination for awarding scholarships to class 10th students is conducted by National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT). NTSE is a two-tier exam where stage 1 is conducted by the States/UTs and stage 2 exam is conducted at a national level by NCERT. This year, NTSE 2018-19 was conducted at a state level on November 4 and 5, 2017-18 and the one at a national level will be conducted on 2019. Candidates could apply for NTSE stage 1 2018-19 for their respective states. The last date of filling NTSE application form 201 is different for all states/UTs. Candidates who are studying in class Xth can apply before the last date of application. The exam for NTSE stage 1 and stage 2 will be based on Mental Ability Test, Scholastic Ability Test, and Language Ability Test. NTSE 2018, at both state level and national level will be conducted in offline mode only. Candidates who will qualify NTSE 2018-19 at state/UT level are eligible to appear for a national level screening test. The candidates who will qualify NTSE 2018-19 will be awarded a scholarship for till their Ph.D. level studies or postgraduation level studies depending on their stream. Candidates can know here all about the state level, and national level scholarship aptitude test.
NTSE 2018-19 Scholarship Criteria:
- Candidates who will pursue further studies in Science, Humanities, Languages, Commerce, vocational studies and Fine Arts will be awarded scholarship amount till Ph.D. level
- Candidates who study professional programmes i.e. Medicine, Engineering, Technology, Management, and Law are provided scholarship amount till their second-degree level or postgraduate programme.
NTSE 2018-19 Scholarship Amount:
The exam conducting body has updated the scholarship amount for a different level of education as mentioned below –
|Level of Education||Scholarship amount for the year 2018-19 (in INR)|
|Class XI to Class XII||Rs.1250|
|Undergraduate level||Rs. 2000|
|Postgraduate level||Rs. 2000|
|Ph.D. level||As per UGC norms.|
NTSE Cut- Off:
Candidates need to satisfy the minimum cutoff marks as specified by the exam conducting bodies for state-level NTSE exam 2018-19 as well as for stage 2 to be conducted by NCERT. The criteria for stage 1 exam of NTSE 2018 is as mentioned below –
Selection Criteria for NTSE stage 1 exam –
- Candidates from all Union Territories appearing for stage 1 exam of NTSE 2018-19 need to obtain minimum 10 marks in each paper i.e. MAT, SAT and LAT to qualify for NTSE stage 2 exam 2018-19
- Whereas, candidates from all states need to score at least 25 marks in each paper of NTSE 2018 stage 1 exam.
Also check – NTSE Stage 1 and Stage 2 (2018-2019) Exam Date
NTSE Eligibility Criteria 2018-19:
Candidates appearing for NTSE stage 1 and stage 2 examination need to satisfy the eligibility criteria of NTSE 2018-19 as mentioned by each state as well as NCERT. Candidates can check the NTSE 2018-19 eligibility criteria as mentioned below –
- Candidates currently studying in class 10 are eligible to apply for stage 1 exam of NTSE 2018-19
- Candidates must not be more than 18 years of age as on July of year of the examination
- Candidates studying through open learning/ distance mode education are also eligible to apply, however, they must not be above 18 years of age and not be employed anywhere.
- Candidates must not be a re-appear examination of class 10
Also check – NTSE Stage 1 and Stage 2 (2018-2019) Syllabus
NTSE Exam Center 2018-
|Chattisgarh||Kendriya Vidyalaya No.2
Sector-IV, Deen Dayal Upadhyay Nagar Raipur, Chattisgarh-492010